Friday, September 5, 2014

Happy ME Day!



Its Teachers Day! And for the first time, I am on the to-be-wished side of the class. With less than a year of choosing to be a Teacher over a Scientist, I did not know what was in store for me. Just few months later, I discovered something so amazing- teaching! I was lucky enough to be at one of the best colleges/University/Institute. And with students varying from absolutely multifaceted undergraduates (who are professional even with their hobbies), to curious Cadets (who want to know about everything from Blackholes to Bermuda triangle), to responsible Officers (sharing their work experiences), to extremely dedicated University students (asking about jobs, projects from Day-1), I have something new to learn from them, every single day! 

Teaching does not age with years passing by! 
It takes you in a higher energy level. It works as a therapy, as soon as you enter the class, all you know is that you have to teach. And for those moments, all you know is that you are a teacher. And yet, you realize that you don't teach, you learn in the process. Learn from the students who come from all parts of India and world, learn from their smart questions, learn about the same old world, but from their perspective! You are in your own kingdom, with the subject you chose to be with you forever. For those who love to learn and be up-to-date with changing times, it is the best way for certain. In the process we learn our own weaknesses, and strengthen our skills. It isn't a profession, it becomes a way of Life. Couldn't be better right?

Teachers are those lucky few, who remain students for Life!

Just as I begin this new lease, I Thank my wonderful teachers, who influenced me in small and big ways, beyond books and beyond classes. For being that bridge between the known and unknown, for appreciation and motivation at all times. I hope I can carry their legacy of imparting knowledge and nurturing minds with similar dedication. 


1 comment: